Every birth is an incredibly special event in a woman’s life that we hope she remembers with a sense of triumph. We aim to empower families to make informed choices based upon their needs and values surrounding birth and postpartum.
Dr. V received her doula training through Doulas of North America. She is available to assist mothers who need chiropractic care, acupuncture, or soft tissue therapies during labor. Dr. V is fortunate to have great relationships with many doulas in the Omaha area and happily works with them to care for you during your birth journey.
Women who use doulas report:
- Shorter labor time
- 60% decrease in epidural requests
- 50% decrease in cesarean sections
- 40% decrease in Pitocin
- 30% decrease in narcotic pain relievers
- 30% decrease in the use of forceps
- Increased satisfaction with their birth experiences
- Increased breastfeeding prevalence at 6 weeks
- Decreased incidence of postpartum depression